This is the Privacy Notice (the “Privacy Notice”) of ViaCord, LLC (“ViaCord”), whose corporate headquarters is located at 930 Winter St, Suite 2500 Waltham, Massachusetts 02451. This Privacy Notice is for public disclosure and to inform customers, website visitors and other third-parties how ViaCord may use data obtained from them. ViaCord is an indirect, wholly-owned subsidiary of PerkinElmer, Inc.
1. IMPORTANT NOTICE
ViaCord is an industry leader in family cord blood and tissue banking. We offer families the opportunity to plan for their family’s future by offering our cord blood and tissue banking services, as well as additional services offered by our parent company, PerkinElmer. Additional services offered include, but are not limited to include Whole Genome Sequencing (collectively “Services”). ViaCord respects your privacy. This Privacy Notice sets out how ViaCord collects and processes your personal data when you access and use our Services, including the site www.viacord.com and myaccount.viacord.com (“Sites”). This Privacy Notice also provides certain information that is legally required and lists certain of your rights in relation to your personal data under applicable law. We may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time. We encourage you to check our Privacy Notice regularly to understand how we may process your Personal Data.
2. INFORMATION ABOUT PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
2.1 Personal Data
2.2 How and When We Collect Personal Data
When you visit our Sites you will have the opportunity to provide personal information to enable you to take advantage of the features and services we offer, such as requesting additional information, enrolling online, or making payments on your account. We collect information in the following ways:
- When you volunteer information about yourself. We collect Personal Data when you use or interact with our Sites and Services, including when you register with us, browse our products online, or make purchases from us. We will store the Personal Data that we collect from you in the course of these interactions, including, but not limited to, name, address, phone number, username and password, email address, date of birth, location data, and payment information. When you utilize certain of our Services, we may also collect certain health-related information in order to provide the Services.Please be assured that unless you volunteer to submit this information yourself, we will not collect any information from your visits to our site by which you could be identified personally.
- When you communicate with us or sign up to receive promotional materials or information. We collect Personal Data when you communicate with us or sign up to receive promotional materials or information, including email address and phone number.
- When we collect data from third parties or publicly-available sources. We may obtain certain data about you from third-party sources to help us provide and improve the Services and for marketing and advertising. We may combine your Personal Data with data we obtain from our Services, other users, or third parties to enhance your experience and improve the Services. Examples of information that we may receive include: address information and demographic information. We may also collect personal information from you about a third party. For instance, if you refer a friend to ViaCord or purchase ViaCord's service as a gift for someone else, we will ask for contact information for this person. Please note that we will use such information about a third party only for the purpose for which it was provided (e.g., follow-up with the referred person).
- When you apply for a job with us. We collect Personal Data from you when you apply for a job with us, as further described in the Employment Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice
- Users Under Age of Majority. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data online from individuals under the age of majority without parental consent. If you become aware that an individual under the age of majority has provided us with Personal Data without parental consent, please contact us at DPO@PerkinElmer.com . If we become aware that an individual under the age of majority has provided us with Personal Data without parental consent, we will take steps to remove the data as permitted by law. `
2.3 How We Disclose Personal Data
We may disclose your Personal Data as described in this Privacy Notice, including:
- To Affiliates and Collaborators. With other companies or ventures that are owned or controlled by PerkinElmer, and internally within PerkinElmer, in order to provide and improve Services, for marketing purposes, for advertising, and for analytics.
- To Service Providers and Vendors. With business collaborators, marketing collaborators, and vendors to provide, improve, and personalize the Services. We may also disclose Personal Data to your medical or healthcare provider, at their direction, in order to provide the Services.
- For Advertising and Marketing. With advertising and marketing collaborators for advertising and marketing purposes on ViaCord’s behalf.
- For Certain Analytics and Improvement. With certain companies for purposes of analytics and improvement of the Services.
- For Interest-Based Advertising. With companies involved in interest-based advertising. This advertising consists of ViaCord advertisements that are personalized for you and displayed on our sites and through other channels. For more information on how data is disclosed for advertising, see our Advertising and Analytics section below.
- Actual or Contemplated Sale, Acquisition, or Reorganization.
In connection with a contemplated reorganization or an actual reorganization of our business, in connection with financing, a sale, acquisition or other transaction involving the disposal of all or part of our business or assets, including for the purpose of permitting the due diligence required to decide whether to proceed with a transaction.
- Residents of the European Economic Area.
Our disclosure is limited to circumstances where we are permitted to do so under applicable European and national data protection laws and regulations.
3. DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
If you have questions or concerns regarding our Personal Data processing practices or this Privacy Notice, you can contact our Data Protection Officer at DPO@PerkinElmer.com.
4. LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
We collect and process your personal data for a variety of different purposes set out in further detail below. In some cases, we will ask for your consent so that we may process your Personal Data. However, in certain circumstances, applicable data protection laws allow us to process your Personal Data without needing to obtain your consent.
4.1 Processing Personal Data Where Consent Not Obtained
In certain cases, separate consent is not required, including:
- For the performance of a contract. To perform our contractual obligations to you, including our fulfilling orders or purchases you have made, contacting you in relation to any issues with your order, in relation to the provision of the Services, or where we need to provide your Personal Data to our service providers.
- To comply with legal obligations. To comply with laws, regulators, court orders, or other legal obligations, or pursuant to legal process.
- Legitimate Interests. To operate our business and provide the Services, other than in performing our contractual obligations to you for PerkinElmer’s “legitimate interests” for the purposes of applicable law, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data. Legitimate interests may include:
- To communicate with you regarding the Services, including to provide you important notices regarding changes to our Terms and Conditions of use of the website and to address and respond to your requests, inquiries, and complaints.
- To send you surveys in connection with our Services.
- To assist in the investigation of suspected illegal or wrongful activity, and to protect and defend our rights and property, or the rights or safety of third parties.
- To develop, provide, and improve our Services.
- To provide you information related to Services you have purchased, ViaCord may send you (e.g. account verification, changes/updates to features of the MyAccount, technical and security notices).
4.2 Matters That May Require Consent
In cases where we are not already authorized to process the Personal Data under applicable law, we may ask for your consent to process your Personal Data, including:
- Marketing. We may ask for your consent to contact you by telephone, SMS, post and/ or email about other offers, products, promotions, developments or services which we think may be of interest to you and for other marketing purposes. You have the ability to opt-out of marketing communications at any time.
- Sensitive Personal Data. Certain aspects of our Services may involve the processing of Sensitive Personal Data. If we collect Sensitive Personal Data directly from you, we will obtain your consent where required.
- Research. We may ask for your consent to use your Personal Data for research purposes, including for clinical studies.
4.3 Withdrawing Your Consent
You may at any time withdraw the consent you provide for the processing of your Personal Data for the purposes set forth in this ViaCord Privacy Notice, provided that we are not required by applicable law or professional standards to retain such information.
For Applicants and Candidates who wish to withdraw their consent, please follow the instructions in the Employment Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.
For all other individuals who wish to withdraw consent, please contact us.
If you want to stop receiving future marketing messages and materials, you can do so by clicking the “unsubscribe” link included in our email marketing messages or by contacting us here.
5. DE-IDENTIFIED OR ANONYMIZED DATA
We may create de-identified or anonymous data from Personal Data by excluding data components (such as your name, email address, or linkable tracking ID) that makes the data personally identifiable to you or through obfuscation or through other means. Our use of anonymized data is not restricted by this Privacy Notice.
6. DATA RETENTION
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as long as you maintain an account, as otherwise necessary to provide you the Services, or as required by applicable law, regulation or industry standard. We will also retain your Personal Data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Where we no longer need to process your Personal Data for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice, we will delete your Personal Data from our systems. Where permissible, we will also delete your Personal Data upon your request, as further described in the Data Subject Access, Modification, and Deletion Rights section of this Privacy Notice.
7. ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS
Interest-based advertising is advertising that is targeted to you based on your web browsing and app usage over time. We disclose various types of de-identified information to enable interest-based advertising. You have the option to restrict the use of information for interest-based advertising and to opt-out of receiving interest-based ads.
You can make decisions about your privacy and the ads you receive. You can control whether companies serve you online behavioral advertising by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance website and using its opt-out: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ (U.S.) http://www.youronlinechoices.com/ (EU). The DAA opt-out requires that cookies not be blocked in your browser.
You may also visit National Advertising Initiative (NAI) consumer opt-out site: optout.networkadvertising.org As an alternative to the DAA opt–out, you can also elect to block browser cookies from first parties (such as those from our website) and browser cookies from third parties (such as advertisers) by using the cookie blocking options built into your browser software. If you block browser cookies, some parts of our website may not function correctly. Also, blocking cookies will not stop third-parties from collecting IP address, data stored in "Flash" cookies, and certain other types of technical information that may uniquely identify your browser. If you’d like to prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, Google has developed a Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. Learn more here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
7.1 Do-Not-Track Due
Due to the lack of consensus around a Do Not Track standard, our websites do not change how they collect or track data when they receive the “Do Not Track” flag.
8. SOCIAL NETWORK WIDGETS
Our Site may include social network sharing widgets that may provide information to their associated social networks or third-parties about your interactions with our web pages that you visit, even if you do not click on or otherwise interact with the plug-in or widget. Information is transmitted from your browser and may include an identifier assigned by the social network or third party, information about your browser type, operating system, device type, IP address, and the URL of the web page where widget appears. If you use social network tools or visit social networking sites, you should read their privacy disclosures, to learn what information they collect, use, and share.
9. WHY WE COLLECT AND PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In most cases, we need to process certain of your Personal Data in order to fulfill our contractual obligations to you and to provide you with the Services. Where we ask for your consent to process your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw such consent as described in this Privacy Notice. Please note, however, that if you do not provide consent or if you withdraw your consent, we may be unable to provide you certain Services that require the use of Personal Data. Please note that even where your consent would otherwise be required, we may nevertheless process your Personal Data in accordance with our legitimate interests under applicable law, as described in this Privacy Notice.
10. TRANSFER AND STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA
PerkinElmer and associated Services and systems may be stored on servers in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that Personal Data we collect will be processed and stored in the United States, a jurisdiction in which the data protection and privacy laws may not offer the same level of protection as those in the country where you reside or are a citizen. By using our Services and/or submitting your Personal Data, you agree to the transfer, storage, and/or processing of your Personal Data PerkinElmer in the United States. All data transfers by PerkinElmer to a PerkinElmer affiliate in the United States are conducted pursuant measures recognized by the EU Commission.
11. DATA SUBJECT ACCESS, MODIFICATION, AND DELETION RIGHTS
You have the right in certain circumstances to request confirmation from us as to whether or not we are processing your Personal Data. Where we are processing your Personal Data, you also have the right to request access to, modification of, or deletion of such Personal Data.
You have the right in certain circumstances to receive the personal data concerning you, which you provided to us and have the right in certain circumstances to transmit such data to another controller.
To exercise your rights with respect to your Personal Data, please contact us. As permitted by law, we may charge for this service and will respond to reasonable requests as soon as practicable and as required by law.
12. RIGHT TO LODGE A COMPLAINT WITH A SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY
You may have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
13. SECURITY SAFEGUARDS AND LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
14. CONTACT US
For questions regarding your personal data, please email PersonalData@PerkinElmer.com.